Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Houston we have a...Misunderstandings...Migraine!

So apparently we've been having a communication problem with Chris my 8 year old that none of us (us, the Dr, or the school) realized for the last 2 weeks. About 2 weeks ago Chris started screaming at school that he had in the middle of reading class that he had something IN his eye, he was taken to the nurses office and she didn't see anything in his eye but he flushed it out anyway just to be sure apparently recess is right before reading class and she thought he might have rubbed some dirt in his eye. His Dad, he and his brother have eyelashes a woman would kill for lol so I thought it happens to his Dad all the time, an eyelash falls in his eye and they are so big and long that they hurt like heck, maybe it just fell in and fell right out and after he rubbed it and with his sensory issues it just feels a lot worse then it does it to him.... Then last week he told me something was in his eye again, not as bad at the first time but still bothered him all day. Last night Chris got home from school and started crying again "Something is in my eye" So I'm thinking ok that's it we're going to the eye doctor tomorrow....then he went in his room and layed down and fell asleep, Chris the kid that doesn't sleep fell asleep, what the heck! and without having any after school snack, and that's very unusual for Chris everybody knows hes a chow-hound...didn't wake up till around 8 o'clock so he slept for about 3 or 4 hours and he didn't want any dinner either and he said he eye still hurt and he kept yelling to turn off all the lights , (OK now I know somethings really wrong here) so I'm asking if his head hurt not just his eye, does his stomach too, and is the pain in the back or the front of his eye...yes his head hurt, yes his stomach hurt, and the pain is in the BACK or his eye NOT the FRONT...after a light bulb went off in my head (Oh jeez he's doesn't have anything in his eye he's having migraines) he promptly throw up all over me and the couch and my coat that was on the back of the couch! Uuuug yuck :p



So we went to the Dr. today, the Dr. agrees (sounds like a migraine) and set up a CT scan for his optic nerve (because we have a history of migraine and ruptured aneurysms in my family and I have migraines, I get scanned every 2 years) she was worried about the pressure in his right eye so she's trying to get him in ASAP, only problem is they only do sedation for kids on certain days, so the silly nurse is asking me "Do you think he can sit still for 45minutes?" Are you kidding me? The kid has Autism and Dyspraxia he doesn't sit still or have an attention span for more then 5minutes. So they are calling me tomorrow to tell me when his CT is....that all I got for now I'll let you guy know what happens next...please pray everything go's fast and come out ok!


PJackman

No comments:

Post a Comment